Become a Volunteer
There is great satisfaction in giving back to your community. At Muscat Mums we have a large and lively team of coordinators all making their invaluable contributions in different ways. Being a coordinator allows you to meet people and integrate in a way you wouldn't likely otherwise. A few minutes of your time each week can be very rewarding.
What we ask:
- Checking the Google email account at least every two days to answer member questions
- Welcoming new members into the community and making sure they feel at home
- Updating the group Facebook page with pictures from meetings and group announcements
In addition, specific tasks include:
Play & Support Group Coordinators
- Updating events weekly
- Finding willing hosts for at least a month in advance
- Storing library items
- Managing repairs or cleaning (at a cost not exceeding income)
- Buying and selling items to keep libraries fresh and up to date
- Updating and hosting monthly meetings
- Manage item reservations
- Email monthly income/expense report to accounts
What we offer in return:
- A fellowship of dedicated moms all working to make Muscat a better place for our kids
- Free membership for one year or if you have already paid, OR 10 credit towards any party tickets
- Free rental from all libraries (refundable deposits must still be paid)
- An opportunity to keep your CV active particularly if you volunteer as a member of the board.
How to apply:
Please email email@example.com and mention the position you are interested in.
Positions currently vacant:
Events Coordinator: In this role you will be part of the Events team which consists of three members. Together you will plan and organise the various events that Muscat Mums holds throughout the year which includes the AGM, Easter, Halloween and Christmas parties as well as a few Mum's Nights Out.